3/2/08

Welcome to the Vespa Restoration!

Greetings to all. 

Today is my first post here. I am working on a 1965 VNB 125. After some work and research, I realized there are a few people out there keeping a blog of their progress and I thought it would be fun to o the same. I am planning a good amount of restoration and upgrades so I hope people can find my site helpful in some way. 

First, a little about me. I'm 26, a designer and owner of a letterpress print shop. My wife is my business partner and she is also a scoot enthusiast as well. I'm up in Boston and have been riding scooters for some time. My first scoot was a a 71 VSB  military model. I picked it up from a naval yard and kept it for about a year. I ended trading up for a motorcycle. A few bikes later and now I'm back. If anyone has ever been to boston, scooters are the only way to travel but the roads will bend your rims in minutes. My wife and I both also ride 2-stroke 50cc vino's. Mass doesn't require inspection on insurance on anything 50cc or under so it's a pretty good deal. 

On to the VNB!
I've attached some pics below. First - are a few images of the body. What is not shown in the photos is the front fender, head set, front end, etc. It's all here and will be highlighted at some point. The original color was the soft blue. Some jerk-off spray bombed the whole thing black. They sprayed over the decals and all. I did some sanding, cleaning, disassembling and am working on the body and engine simultaneously.

No comments: